- Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 06:00 PM
- Epworth United Methodist Church in Arlington, TX
The campers put on a spectacular show every year. It is a great night of entertainment and enjoyed by all!
Join us at 6:30 PM to support Advocates for Special People during the annual North Texas Giving Day!
We wanted to reach out and let you know what the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation has planned for Arlington-based charities during North Texas Giving Day 2017. We have a lot of great things in the works, which we hope will help increase the visibility of your organization and possibly your donations for the day.
#1: We will be offering 4 bonus grants of $5000 each to the Arlington-based organizations that meet our grant eligibility criteria, and which receive the largest number of donations during the following time blocks:
- 6–10 a.m., (nonprofit organizations, but no schools)
- 10 AM – 2 PM, (schools only)
- 2 PM – 7 PM, (nonprofit organizations, but no schools)
- 7 PM – midnight (nonprofit organizations but no schools
The first three time block grant winners will be announced at our Arlington Gives! concert that evening. Organizations need not be present to win this bonus grant. The last one will be announced the next morning on Facebook, Twitter, and our webpage, www.arlingtonfoundation.org. We will also contact you to arrange a check presentation and photo shoot.
What concert? Yes, we will once again be sponsoring an Arlington Gives! concert event in downtown Arlington at the Levitt Pavilion 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. to recognize and highlight all the good works that Arlington nonprofit organizations do for our community. It has been added as part of the Levitt’s fall concert series, and our headliner is the very popular Josh Weathers Band.
Here is what we have in store, and ways that you can participate:
A. Bring your team to staff a table in our Arlington Charity Showcase, adjacent to the concert lawn, to show off what your organization does for our community. We will provide a 6-foot folding table and two chairs. Please bring a table cloth and literature, posters on easels, giveaways, games, etc. No tents or inflatables please. Let us know if you would like to reserve a space. (We will have enough tables for all organizations that want them this year, so don't worry about us running out, but we would like to know in advance if you plan to be represented so that we order the right number of tables).
B. Bring a lot of staff and volunteers with you. Each person who attends the rally will be able to cast a vote for our "People's Choice Award," the recipient of which will receive a $10,000 bonus grant from the Gene & Jerry Jones Family Arlington Youth Foundation. Candidates for the award are limited to Arlington-based nonprofit organizations that are registered and approved to participate in North Texas Giving Day and that meet the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation's giving criteria. So, it could be you! If you bring 40 people from your organization, that is at least 40 votes for your organization.
C. Several other good reasons to be represented at the event:
RANDOM DRAWINGS. Lots of them!
1. We will randomly select the names of two registered and approved Arlington-based nonprofits to receive an additional $5000 bonus grant from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. Recipients will be announced from the stage and invited to come forward for recognition and a photo opp with our board chair, Mayor Jeff Williams.
2. Kendra Scott is setting up a "Pop Up Store," selling several of their most popular items, including a commemorative piece of jewelry created just for North Texas Giving Day. 20% of their gross sales that evening will be donated to one of our qualified Arlington-based nonprofits. We'll draw a name of an organization during the event program.
3. Kendra Scott is also donating a piece of jewelry that our guests can register to win (as individuals) by registering at their "Pop Up Store" table and dropping a card in the bowl. Again, we'll draw the name from the stage during the program.
FOR ARLINGTON'S SMALLER ORGANIZATIONS:
The Arlington Tomorrow Foundation this year has set aside a $20,000 bonus fund pool to be divided evenly among organizations with an operating budget of $250,000 or less, provided that you attend the Arlington Gives! event on September 14 and staff a table at the Arlington Charity Showcase;
Bring a picnic dinner, along with your lawn chairs and/or picnic blanket, or purchase dinner from a food truck or J. Gilligan's food pavilion.
Josh Weathers Band!
Your voice will be needed as well. We'll want you to join us that night in singing "Happy Birthday" to the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation, which is turning 10 years old this year!
We hope to see you and all of your friends, volunteers and board members there! We are trying to get a large turnout at our concert event -- from the nonprofit community and the general public. We want lots of people to come learn about you and we want you to learn about them. You will want to come anyway because it is going to be a lot of fun.
So, what should you do now?
1. Contact your current donors and encourage them to make a contribution to your organization between 6 a.m. and midnight on September 14. If you rally all of your supporters to make their contributions during one time block, you might receive the award for most donations received during that time period and receive an additional $5,000 bonus grant. Please make sure they understand the new time block criteria above.
2. Round up your board members, volunteers, friends and supporters to come to the Levitt on September 14 for our concert event. Here’s our agenda:
6:00 p.m. – Tables available along Abram Street for you to come set up, throw on a table cloth, decorate, put out your literature, etc.
6:30 – Please be ready for “business”. Concert guests could be arriving at any time, and you will want to be ready; People’s Choice Award voting begins
7:30 – program
8:00 – concert
9:30 – concert ends; announcement of People’s Choice Award recipient